Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Lawrence of Arabia

  1. #21
    tim.callaghan
    Guest tim.callaghan's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dominic3:
    The lens Kubrick used for Barry Lyndon was very rare. I saw a documentary about Kubrick a week or so ago on BBC TV and they interviewed the guy who adapted the camera for Kubrick.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I also saw this too, all 3 parts of it!!

    It was riveting stuff

    Tim

    ------------------

  2. #22
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Just think, that .75 lens is out there somewhere.
    I wonder who has it?
    I'll give ya $500 for it!
    I don't care what mount it is, I'll gaffer tape it to my camera!

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #23
    dogstarman
    Guest dogstarman's Avatar

    Post

    Good luck...
    The lense was one of two built: they were built for NASA. Kubrick got ahold of it somehow and had it modified for Arri-mount.
    This is true.


    ------------------

  4. #24
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Yeah, but where is it now?
    You can bet that there are other DP's and directors, who would have reason to want a lens that fast!
    I'm sure they didn't just throw it away!
    I saw a Nikon lens lately on ebay, that sounded something like this.
    It was built by Nasa I think, and it said something about it being used for a movie.
    I wished I had paid more attention!

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •